Saturday 10 April 2010

Spring sunshine

How nice is it to get out in the warm spring air, my little ones had a blast today running and laughing in the park. Another thing I love about spring is the start of the carboot season, we have been to 2 today and have another 3 planned for tomorrow!!! I love the thought of finding things I'm looking for at a great price (and things I never new I needed!), luckily my partner shares my enthusiasm and my children are quite happy to tag along as they never seem to come home empty handed.

Today I only picked up a couple of sets of knitting needles at 25p each and some embroidery thread but in the last few weeks I have picked up some great items at the car boot and also at a new find, a local charity shop/warehouse just down the road from where I live. The charity shop is like an Aladdin's cave of bric a brac, furniture, clothing, books etc from donations and house clearances and you never know what you will find.

The photos below only show a sample of the bits I picked up, the whole lot only came to around £12 which I consider to be a real bargin. The cute little flower buttons were only 10p for 8 and the beads came in a bag of around 100 for only 50p. I have plans for some of the items but couldn't pass up on the others, i will find a use somewhere. I also nearly have a full set of crochet hooks and knitting needles now and each one/set cost no more than 30p.



The peach flowers have napkin rings on the back, but as they came in a set of 6 for only £1 i thought i could take the rings off and glue them back together.



The pink satin fabric at the back is almost a couple of metres worth and i have already started to put it to good use, watch this space!!




This 8x8 cardstock pack had to be my biggest bargin, only 4 of the 58 sheets are missing and I only paid £1, they seem to retail at at least £10.

Lets hope the sun keeps shining.

No comments:

Post a Comment